This guide will show you how to take a Windows 10 computer and install the Android subsystem in it. This makes your default Windows experience much smoother running applications designed for actual smartphones, such as the Google Play Store.
The “windows 11 subsystem for android” is a feature that allows you to run Android apps on Windows. The feature was released in Windows 10 and has been available since then.
Let’s look at how to install Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11 using two different methods: the Microsoft Store and PowerShell manually. The Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) will enable you to run Android applications on your Windows desktop in the same way that you would any other native software.
Initially, the WSA functionality was only accessible to members of the Windows Insider program in the US on the Beta channel. Also, the Redmond business announced that Windows Subsystem for Android would be available to Insiders in the Dev Channel shortly, but did not say when. That’s a little odd, given that all new features normally debut on the Dev channel first. In any case, getting WSA to function on your device isn’t difficult.
In Windows 11, install the Windows Subsystem for Android.
You may force WSA to install manually if you don’t want to wait for it to become accessible. You may also utilize the official way, which requires using the Microsoft Store. Let’s have a look at both approaches.
Using PowerShell, install the Windows Subsystem for Android.
- Open the Task Manager and look for the Virtualization line on the CPU tab. You must activate it in BIOS if it is absent.
- In the Run dialog, hit Win + R and type optionalfeatures.
- To install the Virtual Machine Platform component, choose it and click OK. It’s possible that you’ll have to restart your computer to have the modification take effect.
- Next, open your web browser and go to rg-Store adguard’s link generator.
- In the search field, type the following url: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P3395VX91NR.
- To create the links, choose the Slow ring and click the checkmark button.
- Download the MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid *** .msixbundle file, where *** is the version number.
- To install Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11, open Windows Terminal as Administrator using PowerShell and go to the Downloads folder, then run the following command: Add-AppxPackage -Path “C:UserswinaeroDownloadsMicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid .msixbundle” Add-AppxPackage -Path “C:UserswinaeroDownloadsMicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid .msixbundle” Enter the package name and path after making the necessary changes.
- Along with the Amazon Store, the Windows Subsystem for Android is now installed and accessible from the Start menu.
Congrats! Sign in to the Amazon Appstore now to download any of the available applications. If your favorite app isn’t there, you may manually sideload its APK file.
Things will be lot simpler for you if you are a fortunate user who already has WSA installed without having to go through the aforementioned procedures. All you have to do is download Amazon AppStore from the Microsoft Store and you’re done. Here’s how to do it.
WSA may be downloaded via the Microsoft Store.
- In the Run box, press Win + R and enter optionalfeatures. You may also use Windows Search to discover and launch the Turn Windows features on or off program.
- Enable the Virtual Machine Platform option if it isn’t already.
- Navigate to Windows Update > Windows Insider Program in Windows Settings (Win + I). Activate the Beta channel on your system. (See the footnote.)
- To obtain the Amazon AppStore app, go to this page in your computer browser.
- Select the Get option.
- Complete the installation of the Microsoft Store program. This will install the Windows Subsystem for Android on your Windows 11 device automatically.
You’ve completed the task! Now go to the Amazon Appstore and install an Android app. You may manually sideload any Android applications that are missing.
It’s worth noting that enrolling the device in the Beta channel is merely a one-time requirement. Because WSA is still under development, the preview version is only available to Beta Channel Insiders in the United States. This step will become obsolete as Microsoft makes it accessible to a larger audience.
That is all there is to it.
Please help us.
Winaero is completely reliant on your help. Use these choices to assist the site keep giving you interesting and valuable material and software:
The “sideload android apps windows 11” is a feature that allows users to install the Android operating system in Windows. The “Install Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11” will allow you to install the Android operating system on your computer.
- windows subsystem for android windows 11 download
- windows subsystem for android windows 10
- how to install android apps on windows 11
- android subsystem for windows 11 download
- windows subsystem for android microsoft store link