The Windows Update app will ask you to wait while it finishes uninstalling any programs that may be conflicting with the update. This is a standard practice and shouldn’t take too long.
The “please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling win 10” is a helpful message that users can see in Windows. The message will tell them to wait until the current program has been completely uninstalled before continuing with the next step.
Ivan Jenic’s contribution
Expert in Troubleshooting
Ivan has dived deep into knowing this operating system, with a specialize in drivers and driver problems, thanks to his passion for all things Windows and his natural curiosity. When he isn’t tackling, he is… Continue reading
12th of January, 2022
Publish date: April 2020
- This is a never-completed uninstallation error that prevents you from uninstalling any software.
- After you’ve observed the warning regarding an unfinished prior removal, Start your computer again..
- Drivers are one of the most inconvenient aspects of any operating system, so visit our Driver FIx Hub.
- Other interesting information may be found on our Windows 10 Errors page.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Uninstalling apps in Windows 10 is quite straightforward, but there are some potential mistakes, and things may become tricky.
One of these issues is a never completed uninstallation, which prevents you from removing any software by stating that you must wait until the present program has done uninstalling or changing.
This might be a severe problem since you’ll need to remove an application at some point, and this mistake will prevent you from doing so. As a result, I’ve prepared a few solutions that I think may be useful.
Not being able to remove your programs might be a major issue, and we’ll cover the following topics in this article:
- Please wait while I add or delete applications.
- Several customers have claimed that they are unable to uninstall programs from their computers.
- They say they receive this notice when they use the Add or Remove Programs app.
- Please wait until the current software has completed removing AVG before continuing.
- Third-party software may frequently cause problems with your computer, and many people have encountered this issue when attempting to remove AVG antivirus.
- Please wait until the current software is completely uninstalled before proceeding.
- Users may get trapped while attempting to delete particular programs in certain instances.
- This may be a major issue, but one of our solutions should be able to help you solve it.
How can I get rid of the message “The current software has completed uninstalling”?
- Start your computer again.
- Uninstall via a third-party uninstaller.
- Restore the system to its original state.
- Explorer.exe should be restarted.
- Remove or turn off your antivirus software.
- Windows Installer must be re-registered.
- Turn off the Windows Installer service.
- Microsoft’s troubleshooter is available for download.
- In Safe Mode, try to uninstall the program.
1. Restart your computer.
If you didn’t Start your computer again. after you noticed the message about incomplete previous uninstallation, you definitely should.
Windows is sometimes unable to finish the program’s uninstallation regularly, and as you surely know, you can’t remove two apps at the same time.
As a result, if one process’ uninstallation isn’t finished, you won’t be able to launch another.
When you restart your computer, all processes, including the corrupt uninstallation, are killed, and you may attempt to remove the selected software again when it restarts.
If you’re still having problems after restarting your computer, consider one of the methods below.
2. Uninstall via a third-party uninstaller.
Some third-party uninstallers are more powerful than the one included with Windows. Unwanted files or registry entries are often left behind when software is removed from the add or delete programs panel.
Third-party uninstallers are designed expressly to solve this problem. They feature built-in scanners that will locate and delete any remaining files on your computer. Simply choose the program you wish to delete and wait for it to complete.
Additionally, uninstaller software like IObit has forced uninstall options that may be used to get rid of recalcitrant software that won’t go away via the Windows settings list.
IObit Uninstaller is available for download.
3. Restore the system to its original state.
If restarting and using another uninstaller didn’t solve the issue, you might attempt restoring Windows 10 to its previous state.
To Restore the system to its original state. in Windows 10, do the following:
- Go to Control Panel > Recovery.
- Select Open System Restore from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the correct restoration point and follow the remainder of the on-screen steps.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
- To check whether the issue has been fixed, try uninstalling the required software.
4. Explorer.exe should be restarted.
If you see the error message Please Wait Until Current Program is Completely Uninstalled or Being Changed, the issue might be with the Windows Explorer process.
According to users, restarting explorer.exe may be enough to solve the issue. Follow these steps to do so:
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Right-click Windows Explorer in Task Manager and choose Restart from the menu.
The error notice should vanish after that. Keep in mind that this is only a workaround; if the issue recurs, you may need to repeat the procedure.
5. Remove or turn off your antivirus software.
Please Wait Until Current Program Is Completed, according to users. The error message “Uninstalling or Being Changed” may show from time to time as a result of your antivirus program.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Certain antivirus programs might create this error by interfering with your operating system.
To resolve the problem, turn off your antivirus program and see if it resolves the issue.
If deactivating the antivirus doesn’t fix the problem, you may need to remove it entirely.
Downloading specialised antivirus removal software is the best approach to erase all files linked with your antivirus.
The program should be totally deleted after using this utility.
All you have to do now is update your antivirus program or switch to an entirely other antivirus solution.
Users have reported problems with AVG, however bear in mind that this issue may also be caused by other antivirus software.
6. Windows Installer must be re-registered.
This difficulty, according to users, might be caused by issues with the Windows Installer service.
However, re-registering the Windows Installer service will solve the issue. This is really straightforward, and you may do it by following these steps:
- As an administrator, open Command Prompt. To do so, hit Windows Key + X to bring up the Win + X menu, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the options. If you don’t have Command Prompt, you may also use PowerShell (Admin).
- Enter the following commands into Command Prompt when it appears:
- unreg msiexec
- msiexec /regserver msiexec /regserver msiexec
Check whether the issue has been addressed after performing these instructions.
7. Turn off the Windows Installer service.
- Enter services.msc by pressing Windows Key + R. Now hit Enter or OK to continue.
- Now you’ll see a list of services that are available. Right-click the Windows Installer service and choose Stop from the menu. If the Stop option isn’t visible, your PC’s Windows Installer service isn’t presently active.
If you see the error message Please Wait Until Current Program is Completely Uninstalled or Being Changed, you may be able to resolve the issue by simply stopping the Windows Installer service.
This service kicks in when you attempt to delete a certain program, and it might block you from removing other applications as well.
You may wish to restart Windows Explorer after stopping the Windows Installer service, as several users have suggested.
8. Microsoft’s troubleshooter is available for download.
Due to a faulty registry or other third-party programs, the error message Please Wait Until Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed might appear.
However, by installing Microsoft’s Troubleshooter, you may quickly resolve the issue.
Run the program after downloading it, and it will immediately repair any installation difficulties you may have. Check to see whether the issue has reappeared.
9. In Safe Mode, try to uninstall the program.
Several customers reported that merely deleting their program from Safe Mode removed the Please Wait Until Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed problem notice.
To go into Safe Mode, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows Key + I and navigate to Update & security section.
- Select Recovery in the left pane, and then click the Restart now button in the right pane.
- Your PC will now restart and you’ll be presented with three options. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Now click on Restart button.
- You’ll see a menu of choices. By hitting the proper key on your keyboard, you may choose any version of Safe Mode.
Try to remove the troublesome program after Safe Mode has started.
That’s all there is to it; I hope these options assisted you in properly uninstalling your software. If you have any questions or remarks, please use the comment area below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this PC Repair Tool rated Great on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
When you are trying to uninstall a program, the “please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling steam” will show up. This message is used when there are other programs that are still running in the background.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you bypass Please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling?
A: The best way to bypass this is by downloading a program called Revo Uninstaller which can be found on the Google Play Store. This app will allow you to uninstall your programs, clean up junk files and remove unwanted application permissions from your device without any issues in the process.
What does please wait until the current program has finished uninstalling?
A: This is usually a message that will be displayed before the uninstaller has finished removing all traces of an application.
Why is it taking so long for a program to uninstall?
A: For some reason, the program is taking a long time to uninstall. This may be because there are many files that need to be removed from your computer before you can completely get rid of it. You may also want to try running an antivirus scan and making sure nothing else is installed on your PC or laptop in the meantime.
- please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling reddit
- please wait until the current program is finished windows 7
- windows 7 stuck uninstalling program
- uninstall stuck program windows 10
- how long does it take to uninstall a program in windows 10