Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus application for Microsoft Windows. It is designed to protect your computer from viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. In some cases, it may not work as expected with the latest version of Windows 11. Here are three possible fixes that might help you get things back up and running.
Windows 11 has a built in feature called Windows Defender. This feature is used to protect your computer from viruses, malware, and other threats. However, it seems that this feature might not be working on Windows 11. Here are some fixes that you can try.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Windows Defender on Windows 11 has been reported as not functioning by users. Another third-party antivirus program may be the source of the problem.
- Enabling real-time protection may be the solution to this issue.
- Checking for updates on a regular basis may also assist you in resolving most Windows Defender problems.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Microsoft Defender, which comes as part of every Windows edition, has proven to be one of the most effective anti-malware applications.
This application, which is also included in Windows 11, provides in-depth threat resistance research and sophisticated security to safeguard all Windows devices.
As a result, when a problem arises and the gadget ceases to function correctly, users seek the Internet for reasons and remedies in order to correct the problem and reclaim the protection they need for their equipment.
That is why we will examine the most frequent reasons and demonstrate how to correct them.
Why hasn’t Windows Defender been functioning for me?
You should be aware that if you have third-party antivirus software installed on your computer, it may cause Windows Defender problems.
Select between Windows Defender and a third-party antivirus program. Also, if you just purchased a new laptop, check to see whether it comes with a preloaded antivirus trial version, since this may prevent Windows Defender from functioning correctly.
According to Microsoft, the interoperability with various antivirus programs is as follows:
What happens if you use a non-Microsoft antivirus/antimalware program? Is it possible to use Microsoft Defender Antivirus in conjunction with another antivirus program? The answers vary depending on your operating system and if you use Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (Defender for Endpoint) in conjunction with your antivirus protection.
If you use applications like Flash or Java, you may need to remove the free security scanner since it may create problems.
Although it may come as a surprise, an inaccurate time and date is another frequent cause for Windows Defender not starting, since most system operations are reliant on time and date.
Furthermore, an outdated PC may cause many problems, therefore we always suggest doing a complete update on your computer as well as your antivirus software.
If you’re experiencing trouble upgrading Windows Defender, you may need to manually update virus definitions.
What should you do if Windows Defender on Windows 11 isn’t working?
1. Adjust the time and date.
- From the taskbar, choose the Start icon.
- Choose the choice for Settings.
- From the left pane, choose Time & Language.
- From the right pane, choose the Date & Time option.
- Change the date and time for your zone by clicking the Change button.
2. Make a Windows update
- From the taskbar, choose the Start icon.
- Make a selection of options.
- Select Windows Update from the list of options.
- Select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
3. Make real-time protection a reality.
- From the taskbar, choose the Search icon.
- Select Windows Security from the list of choices after typing it in.
- Go to the Virus & Threat Protection section.
- Click Manage settings in the right pane, under Virus & Threat Protection settings.
- Turn the toggle under Real-time protection on.
4. Perform an SFC scan.
- From the taskbar, choose Search.
- Click on Run as administrator after typing command prompt.
- Type sfc/scannow at the command prompt.
- Wait for the procedure to complete, which may take some time, before restarting your computer.
5. Switch to a different proxy server
- From the taskbar, choose the Search icon.
- Select the Run as Administrator option after typing Command Prompt.
- Fill in one of the following fields:
- NETSH WINHTTP SET PROXY 220.127.116.11:8080 NETSH WINHTTP SET PROXY 18.104.22.168:8080
- MYPROXY.NET:8080 NETSH WINHTTP SET PROXY
- Check to see if rebooting the machine fixes the problem.
If you change your mind and want to use a third-party program, go with Bitdefender, which is renowned for its high malware detection rates and unmatched multi-layer ransomware protection.
What benefits does Windows Defender provide for Windows 11 users?
Windows Defender is mostly unchanged from previous versions, but there is one noteworthy feature called Microsoft Defender Application Guard (MDAG) that you should learn more about.
It works with a variety of devices, including corporate PCs and mobile laptops, as well as privately owned laptops controlled by Microsoft Intune or a similar solution.
The primary goal of Microsoft’s Application Guard, which is available for both Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Office, is to prevent new threats and boost staff productivity:
Microsoft Defender Application Guard (Application Guard) is a security feature that helps keep workers productive by preventing both old and new threats. Our aim is to demolish the attackers’ playbook by rendering existing attack techniques obsolete using our unique hardware isolation methodology.
The system’s operation is simple to comprehend. For example, MDAG will assist separate previously designated untrusted sites in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, thus safeguarding your business from any assault.
Microsoft Edge will open a page from an untrusted website in an isolated Hyper-V-enabled container if it is opened from an unsafe website.
SOURCE: docs.microsoft.com The path between the host PC and the isolated container
You may select whether or not to trust certain websites, cloud resources, or internal networks. It’s also worth noting that this functionality doesn’t need Hyper-V to be enabled.
Now you know the most common causes of problems on your Windows 11 device, as well as how to repair them.
Furthermore, if your Windows Defender is disabled on your Windows 11 computer, do not hesitate to change the registry to activate it again.
If the Windows Defender service still won’t start, clear your registry and double-check your environment variables.
Which of the above-mentioned solutions worked for you? Please share your thoughts in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The windows security not working is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released 9 fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Windows Defender not working?
Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus program that can be accessed from the Control Panel. It is recommended to use it as your main antivirus program, but if for some reason you need to disable it, do so by going into the settings and disabling it.
How do I turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11?
To turn on Windows Defender in Windows 11, click on the Start button and type Windows Defender into the search bar.
Does Windows 11 have Windows Defender?
Windows 11 does not have Windows Defender.
- windows defender not working in windows 10
- windows defender repair tool
- windows defender not working windows 7
- how to fix windows defender
- how to fix windows security not opening